R1. Evaluation of Student Progress
a. Inform all new students that they will be formally evaluated at least every 60 days on their knowledge of and ability to demonstrate all eight Career Success Standards.
b. Ensure that each student participates in ongoing evaluations, with appropriate staff, at least every 60 days.
c. Arrange for each student’s interdepartmental Career Management Team (CMT) to conduct a formal evaluation prior to the student’s entry into the Career Development Period (CDP) and the Career Transition Period (CTP), at a minimum.
d. Schedule special evaluations as needed, at any time during a student’s enrollment.
R2. Content of Evaluations
a. Assess each student’s progress in all major career development areas: academics, career technical training, industry certification attainment, work-based learning, career pathway preparation, social development, and recreation using the Evaluation module in CIS, including documentation of student progress in the My Pathway to Achieving Career Excellence (MyPACE) Career Plan and Pathway Achievement Record (PAR) tasks.
b. Evaluate student performance on all eight Career Success Standards as well as any additional expectations the center wishes to evaluate.
c. Provide each student with a schedule of individualized projects and activities to assist him or her in meeting the Career Success Standards in which a “Needs Improvement” rating is received.
d. Collaborate with students in setting, affirming, and/or revising short-term, mid-term, and long-term personal, training, and career goals using the student’s MyPACE Career Plan and Pathway Achievement Record (PAR):
1. Review the student's mid-term career (placement) goal, PAR, and supporting documentation of completed tasks.
2. Confirm the student's career pathway remains appropriate (Review Exhibit 2-5 Placement Pathway Prerequisites for Entry).
3. If the student requests a change in their mid-term pathway goal, the center must take the following action steps:
4. At a minimum, update the student's MyPACE Career Plan and PAR as a result of each evaluation, to reflect accomplishments and goal revisions.
(a) Student must submit a justification statement for mid-term career pathway change.
(b) Interdepartmental CMT must review and agree with career pathway change; assist student in revising MyPACE Career Plan, and assign new PAR.
(c) Center Director or designated senior manager must approve the revised MyPACE Career Plan and assignment of new PAR.
e. Ensure students are evaluated by career development staff who are in and have direct contact with the students, such as counselors, instructors, residential advisors/residential counselors, and work site supervisors. Require evaluators to discuss their evaluations with students privately and in person.
f. Provide each student with an updated copy of his or her MyPACE Career Plan and PAR following each evaluation or whenever the plan or career pathway is changed, and upload revisions into the Center Information System (CIS) e-Folder.
R3. Transition to Career Development Period
a. Ensure that each student receives ongoing evaluations, conducted by an interdepartmental Career Management Team (CMT).
b. Ensure each student’s interdepartmental CMT conducts a formal evaluation prior to the student’s entry into Career Development, which assesses the student’s progress, determine readiness to participate, and identifies any needs for support services.
c. Collaborate with the student to review, verify, and finalize his or her initial My Pathway to Achieving Career Excellence (MyPACE) Career Plan, including:
1. Short-term training goals (career technical training program selection and academic goal)
2. Mid-term career goal (job placement, apprenticeship, advanced training, military enlistment, or post-secondary education). An assessment to determine if the career pathway is appropriate for the student (Refer to Exhibit 2-5 Placement Pathway Prerequisites for Entry)
3. Long-term career goal (ultimate career that the student will progress toward)
4. Tasks associated with career development and transitional needs as identified in Chapter 2, Section 2.1, R4 My Pathway to Achieving Career Excellence Career Plan
d. Collaborate with each student to identify Career Success Standards that support their MyPACE Career Plan.
e. Schedule support services for each student, as needed, to address barriers to full participation in Career Development.
f. Assign each student to Career Development activities based on their individual progress and readiness to participate.
g. Assign student a Pathway Achievement Record (PAR) based on his/her mid-term placement goal (direct job placement, apprenticeship, advanced training, military enlistment, or postsecondary education). The interdepartmental CMT will assign staff during the Career Development Period (CDP) to:
1. Monitor, assist, and support the student in the completion of PAR tasks and activities, including transitional needs.
2. Identify completion timelines and follow up.
h. Ensure career plans include signatures from representatives for each department identified on the career plan.
i. Submit each student’s initial MyPACE Career Plan to the Center Director or senior management designee for review and approval. (Reference Form 2-06 MyPACE Career Plan Checklist and Exhibit 2-5 Placement Pathway Prerequisites for Entry)
j. Retain a copy of approved MyPACE Career Plan and PAR in each student’s permanent personnel file and upload any updated versions in the student’s e-Folder.